VB 6.0 vs VB 8.0 vs VB 10.0

I am new to VB programming... I have lost most of my time on MS Access. Now is time for some serious work, but am held up in a dilemma... It occured to me that there were different versions of VB, newer and better even though my friends are still using VB 6.0..

I did some research and became more confused..

My questions are:

Is VB 2010 better than VB 6.0, how?
Does VB 2010 use same codes and synthax as VB 6.0?
Is the VB 2010 interface more userfriendly, provide quicker and easy programming options (similar to Ms Access)?
Where can i find tutorials for VB 2010?
I heard that VB 8.0 could be used to upgrade VB6.0 projects. But UPGRADE, in what sense? change the codes?

I only need suggestions on which software to use for my final projectwork... But for now, i'll stick to VB 6.0 because it's what my teacher is using and preparing for tests...

If you enjoyed this post, subscribe for updates (it's free)

VB6.0 vs VB.Net

Is VB 2010 better than VB 6.0, how?

No I don't find it any better.

Does VB 2010 use same codes and syntax as VB 6.0?

VB keywords/syntax is the only things in common.

Is the VB 2010 interface more userfriendly, provide quicker and easy programming options (similar to Ms Access)?

Not to me its not.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • You can enable syntax highlighting of source code with the following tags: <code>, <blockcode>. The supported tag styles are: <foo>, [foo].

More information about formatting options

Type the characters you see in this picture. (verify using audio)
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.